Work is now under way on version 2.0 of the AEC (UK) BIM Protocols. An exact timeline will be published soon, but the committee is now reviewing change requests we have received. As an insight, the new version will:
- Amalgamate and rationalise the protocols from the Revit and Bentley Building versions
- Redevelop the generic document to apply to all BIM authoring tools
- Provide product-specific appendices to implement the protocols for specific software
- Include closer alignment with BS1192:2007 and other British Standards (BS8541-1 and PAS1192-2)
- Integrate the protocols with the project process through a Project Execution Plan
Please let us have any comments or questions you may have by posting a response to this post. We may not publish all of them, but we will read, and take on board, all comments you send.